Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The way she stands

Ikka has this absolutely delicious way of standing. If you call her from a distance, she will turn to look at you, palms facing towards you with the fingers slightly curled up. Its almost as if she's got "Hug me" written all over her. Real cute.

We went out for lunch the other day to How Hua. Apparently "we" needed to "talk". So for about an hour I was made to listen to how she needs to know where "we stand" and if there really is an "us". Initially I thought we were discussing Existentialism and I was all ready to make some real sharp commments I had read somwhere. Have you ever wondered why they say "we" when it is generally they who do all the talking?

I stopped paying attention once the food arrived, steaming pork dumplings lightly fried. A crunchy base and juicy pork wrapped in delicate, steamed dough. Perfectly steamed dumplings are hard to find and I personally think that the lightly fried base adds a whole different texture to it.

Got real mad at Ikka for taking one of the dumplings from me plate, rather protective about my food I am. But then she did the whole standing thing and I couldn't be angry no more.

No comments: