Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bird achooo

Lets face it, i'm a frikkin hog.

A thin slice of tender chicken is wrapped with a fine coating of egg batter. This is then deep fried until you have a crispy, delicate wrapping around a fine piece of chicken. With every bite you get a chunk of chicken and egg batter, as you crunch through the outer layer and then arrive at the soft meat inside. The Bongs call it a chicken kabiraji and you can have the finest example of this treat for around thirty bucks. In places with rickety old fans and a separate "Family" section with curtains and all.

And now them frikkin chickens have gotten real sick. Personally I think this is one cleverly orchestrated conspiracy hatched (I just hadta!) by chickens. The way I see it, once there is this tag of "bird flu" most people are going to think twice about eating them. In fact, a highly confidential report which mysteriously landed in my lap suggests that chickens have infiltrated the highest echleons of our government.

Our nation's last two presidents have been vegetarian, the stock market has recorded a fantastic response to PETA's IPO and I swore I heard some cheeky laughter the last time I passed a chicken market. It's all beginning to make way too much sense.

No comments: