Today I learnt that of all the self delusions we suffer from, the most dangerous one is the delusion that one is funny. It is a misconception that is immensely persuasive and, in my observations, is strongest in those who are anything but. It has also been my observation that such misconceptions tend to be mildly encouraged by most people, out of either courtesy or pity.
Such encouragement is dangerous and must be condemned. The world is pathetic enough without an infinite number of puns and “jokes” being thrown at you. It is dangerous for the individual suffering from the delusion as well. There are so many instances when someone sidles up to me, says something NOT funny and then looks at me, expectant look on the face waiting for me to guffaw away.
Currently undertaking a course on greater social integration, I have been informed that staring at people is not something they particularly enjoy. Apparently a little eye contact now and then is alright but merely looking at the person when they have finished speaking is not recommended. I enrolled for this “course” about six months ago and so far I have also been taught that making faces at people while they speak is another no-no. Which I thought was rather rude, since at the time of receiving this sagely advice I was not making a face at all; that is the way I look!
In other news I have recently been anointed as an “LCB” or Little Chubby Boy; a title which I personally quite like. It’s a lot better than a few of the other ones I have received and I think I shall choose to keep this one for some time.
A Short List of Useful Windows Programs
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment