I don’t think I shall ever cease to be puzzled by the behavior of my fellow beings. In fact there are numerous instances when I wonder whether the “fellow” in “fellow beings” is an exaggeration, a falsity if you will.
The other day, college had another one of those pointless celebrations; people eager to dress up usually do while those who may possibly be fashionocally challenged are left to feel rather odd. Anyway during this celebrations, every single time an awardee was called to the stage there would inevitably be a series of cheers, of which the cheer “Go” I found to be most puzzling. Surely there are better methods to express ones satisfaction/happiness/exuberance/alcohol-induced state of joviality and the like?
For example if Mr. Ram was called on stage to receive the medal for being the Biggest Bitch of the Student Body, several people would yell “Go Ram!” followed by that most meaningless of cheers “Woo hooo!” I am still to ascertain the exact reference that is being made here. Does the cheer-supplier doubt Mr. Ram’s intelligence and thus directing him to GO to the stage? Or is it a shortened version of “Ram GO collect the award”? Even in this world of SMS’s this is too much of a simplification no?
Left midway into these celebrations. Decided that what the cheers actually meant was to GO far far away.
1 comment:
way to go.
I hope you have a good morning.
Post a Comment