Friday, December 26, 2008

Presents, profanity and poor thumbi

College organised a "Christmas brunch" today. Merriment overflowed as an interesting variety of food was served in the campus fields. People laughed and took pictures of each other wearing Santa caps and signs which said Merry Christmas. The warm sun shined on the youthful and there was that pleasant buzz which hovers around such gatherings.

Or so I was told.

Woke up and grumbled my way to the food counter. Thumbi stole my serving of cake and ice cream. Made me rather grumpy.

Was letting Thumbi know what I thought of his forefathers [his mother in particular] as we made our way to the hostel lift, when a slightly concerned parent passed me by. The bloody lift doors could not have opened slower.

Which made me think of the polite manner in which we hostelites speak to each other. There is barely a conversation when someone's family tree is not being pissed upon. It gets worse when you go to the Outside cause then all of a sudden everyone's real touchy and "Don't you call my mentally challenged brother a retard you perverted bastard!" Ooooo well excuse me!

Saw Sorry Bhai [aka me X-mas gift aka Chitranagdha Singh aka GODDESS] and wondered how it could apply to my life. Came to the following conclusions:

a. If I saw my ending first [think Aeschylus or something like that], I would not like it too much.

b. If me brother hit on me fiance I would kill him. If she hit back I would kill her. If they both hit on each other I would go whine to my shrink.

Its an interesting movie though. Can totally understand why its been banned in a couple of places and/or has not seen too great a responce. Here is a woman [GODESSS] who consciously woos the man of her choice. If THAT idea caught on....the fabric of our society would be ripped apart yada yada yada. Plus how dare anyone promote the idea of a live-in relationship!?! chee chee no?

Thumbi has this unbelieavably annoying habit of sticking his head into my room, giving the "Whats up" head lift and then walking away. Every five minutes. Its not even like there is some polite conversation taking place.

Totally pissed me off so I locked him in his room. Bastard yelled for some time but I dont think anyone came to his rescue. I think he is taking revenge on me for breaking his door. Which was a complete accident cause I was slightly tipsy and I wanted to speak to him and his room was latched from the inside and I did not know/realise that until I enthusiastically knocked/kicked on his door.

Speaking of which an interesting man with a big wrist watch entertained us for an hour or so the other day. I quite love it when these big shot people come and talk. Like what they do not say even more than what they do. Good fun.

No comments: