Sunday, January 11, 2009

Family driver

One of the more spectacular things about being particularly stupid is the fact that often emotions take a while to be displayed. For example, one of my favorite tales about dinosaurs was that if you hit one of those giant ones in the tail, they would react a couple of minutes later. Its more or less the same for me, except the delay is much greater.

An immensely gifted junior of mine asks me how I still have not lost it with all the recruitment mania. I have, its just that I havent got around to showing it yet. It takes time

Which takes me to back to a school picnic. Sitting all alone outside class, water bottle hanging around me neck while caring parents sat with their children, holding hands and waiting for the school bus. There I am, with those high ceilings of convent schools and the cool, stone floor and shoe laces dangling from polished, black shoes. There I am, waiting for Ms. Gonzales to call out my name, so I can rush into the bus and sit next to my best friend and then we can take turns spitting at people.

The point being that actually I was shitting bricks and my teacher thought I was being all calm and brave.

Another point being that Ms. Gonzales would wear these sheer stockings and skirts and look so hot. I would have pursued her but my heart had already been stolen by Ms.Mary, my Kindergarten teacher.

Another supremely lazy evening with friends has convinced me that some people are just so easy to be with. Its nice.

The Finnish bloke has been replaced by a Brazilian. Which is cool. In a sort of portugesian kind of way.

Airports can be supremely interesting places to stare at people. I love watching the reactions of the "waiters", anxiously awaiting the arrival of them loved ones.

Every single time I come home, I am invariably made the family driver. Everyone not only manages to recollect errands which should have been done decades ago, they also lose the ability to drive. But it's ok. Atleast I get to sleep on a clean bed with clean sheets in a room where I can still see the floor.

No comments: