The chat thing inside g-mail has this “invisible” option which does not allow others to see that you are online. Thought it was really cool but slowly realized that most of my freakish friends would be doing the same thing and we would never “see” each other. There is some deeper meaning to all of this....
One of the coolest parts of my day is the ride on the “magic bus” [sorry shetty, its MY magic bus now] to office. Not only does it go through some really interesting parts of the city, it allows me to indulge in the uber fun game of “Is that me”. This complex game involves staring at random people and wondering if that is what you shall be in the years to come.
So far my prime candidates have been:
1. A drunk who was trying to sleep on the lawn/divider in the centre of a road. His bum kept sliding off due to the angle of the lawn
2. An old couple who were holding hands on marine drive. They had just finished their walk and she was resting her head on his shoulder, saying something.[probably discussing who gets the car and visiting rights.]
3. a suit in a Ferrari [ I think it was a 430 though I was too busy wipin drool off me face to really notic; plus im not even remotely tifosi-ish]
4. this really shabbily dressed fatso running to catch the bus, ironed shirt already crumpled
No, I don’t need any one’s opinion on this one.
Had a lovely little lecture today on the finer points of corporate law today. Quite interesting and informative. Someone called me "dapper" the other day and I really did not know how to react; painful deja vus of "civilised" flashing through my head.
4 comments:
No opinion, then. Free this weekend?
Dapper? You? Does the word mean something else in some other language?
And game theory predicts that everyone will NOT in fact go invisible on gtalk. I worked out the Nash equilibrium for repeated trials when they first introduced the option. Thought of blogging about it too, but you know how people don't really appreciate reading about such things...
subtle. very subtle.
I've always wondered why they don't think of a "Limited Invisibility" feature...
Post a Comment