Today I learnt the power of the word “sorry”. I would have liked to start this blog with something funny, you know something sharp and witty, a piece which leaves you with either a smile on your face or (more probably) shaking your head at the dismal standards which human humour has fallen to. But, as I have witnessed once too often, I have astonishingly little control over my life.
I hate apologizing; it is something which I rarely do. I am a strong advocate of the Blame Transfer System (BTS) school of thought which, as the name suggests, believes that every single thing can be blamed on someone else. One must simply refuse to accept blame for anything whatsoever; there shall ALWAYS be someone to blame. This actually works. Trust me I have tried this extensively and with good effect.
The apology did not do much to lessen the pain or the hurt. Instead it showed me that some people are inherently beautiful. It taught me that there is much I can learn, and much I can do to improve myself. A strange confession for a cynic like me. Strange indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment